Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Payton and "Kiss and don't Tell"

This week has been a great week.  I am on spring break and I get 9 whole days to spend with my babies! No more childcare this week, no studying late at night or writing papers while the girls are playing,  it's just Mommy and her Girls!
Payton (my five year old) and I were watching T.V. when a Mentos commercial came on.  In the commercial there was a couple who started "french kissing".  Payton has never seen this kind of public display of affection because we are very careful of the things we allow her to see.  She smiled and looked at me and said, "Mom, Do you kiss people like that?" I laughed out loud and said, "Oh no, you only kiss your husband like that."  She said, "Ok" and then our normal program came back on.  Five minutes had passed and in the middle of watching our program she turned around and said, "Wait a minute!  Guess what Mom?  You have a husband!  I think Daddy would like it very much if you kissed him like that." I just started laughing and said, "You think so?" She nodded and said, "But you can't tell him so it could be a surprise." What do you say to your five year old who says something like that?  I just smiled and walked out of the room laughing my butt off.  I can say there is never a dull moment in our house!

1 comment:

  1. OH how I love my Payton!! Kids are so innocent, I love how "daddy" and "husband" are 2 different things to her!! I would have laughed too! ;)

    ReplyDelete